Friday, November 2, 2018

We are in for Berlin!

Today we received the email that both Mike and I have been accepted into the 2019 BMW Berlin Marathon through a package with Marathon Tours and Travel!  I was beyond excited when I received this.  Berlin is one of the largest and most famous races in the world and is known to have the fastest course.  We were unsuccessful getting into Berlin through their lottery for the 2018 race (which actually turned out to be a good thing with my injury).  We are entered in the 2019 lottery, but I wanted a way to guarantee that we could do it.

Marathon Tours and Travel is the primary provider in the United States of guaranteed entries into major world races.  I had previously signed both of us up for their Seven Continents Club, which gives us better access to spots in their packages.  My plan is to use them to get into Berlin next year which will then hopefully pave the way for us to get into Tokyo and London the following years (since the odds of us getting into those races through their lotteries are almost non-existent).

I can't imagine what it will be like to run through the Brandenburg Gate as we near the finish line of the marathon!  2019 is shaping up to be quite a year with some big races and hopefully a few more stars toward becoming an Abbott World Marathon Majors Six Star Finisher!
We are running 2019 Berlin!

1 comment: