Thursday, July 19, 2018

Mexico

After our Europe trip was canceled at the last minute due to my injury and subsequent surgery, we decided that we would take a trip to Cancun this week.  It has been a wonderful week so far and traveling on crutches has presented no hardships -- in fact it has been beneficial a few times!

At O'Hare on Monday, we were able to cut to the front of the TSA Precheck security line because of my crutches.  Considering how crazy busy the airport was Monday morning, we were very happy about this!  Once we arrived in Cancun, I was also ushered to the front of the customs line.  At our resort, everyone has been more than accommodating to me.  Workers offer to carry my plate at the buffet and rush over to open a door for me when I approach. 

Physically, I am feeling good.  Today is four weeks since the surgery.  I wish I could remember how I felt at this time last year.  I am optimistic that the bone is healing.  This trip is the first time I have been in the water since before the injury (I do miss the pool at the Beach Club!).  I feel good walking around in the water, swimming around the pool, and holding onto the side of the wall and kicking my legs.  I do think the muscles have weakened, but I am confident I will get the strength back once I am bearing full weight again.

Our resort has a nice gym with several bikes, so I have been able to continue riding the bike every day.  I don't think I have ever spent so much time on a bike as I have these past 4 weeks!
Another bike workout in the books!
Enjoying time back in the pool

2 comments:

  1. I miss the pool at the Beach Club, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! Glad you were able to get in the pool a bit. and skipping ahead in lines? that is luck!

    ReplyDelete