Friday, September 14, 2018

Foggy morning and my Boston acceptance

We left San Francisco mid-day which meant I was up early for my run and workout.  It was a cool, foggy morning, but there was still plenty of runners out along the water.  My legs felt ok this morning.  I don't have the Normatec boots with me this trip and I miss being able to use them daily.  As I run, I enjoy stopping at some of the piers and taking pictures.  The cloudy start to the morning provided some decent lighting.

There are three variables that I need to be aware of as I build up my running - frequency, intensity and duration.  I am only supposed to increase one variable at a time.  Intensity will come last.  As I run more and get used to it again, my speed will return.  I am not overly concerning myself with times right now.  I was increasing the duration of my runs, but my last several runs have been about an hour and that is what I usually do.  That leaves frequency -- I have been running every other day.  Today was the first day I did back to back runs.  Normally I run 6-7 days a week, so my body will hopefully adjust to the additional work.  If I have any pains, I will back off to where I was comfortable.  But the plan for now is to continue to focus on frequency and duration. 
Early morning view of Alcatraz

I love running by Ghirardelli!
When we arrived at the airport, I got the email that I have been expecting the last few days.  I submitted my registration for the 2019 Boston Marathon on Wednesday, and this morning I got my acceptance notification.  I was well under the qualifying time for my age group, but I was still happy to have everything official.  Now I'm just hoping next year's weather is nicer than it was this year!
Officially accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment