Thursday, September 13, 2018

San Francisco

Since Mike had to be in the San Francisco office this week, I flew out yesterday to celebrate his birthday with him today.  It's hard to believe that it has been 6 months since we were last in San Francisco.  The weather is just as gorgeous, and running here is one of our favorite things to do.  This time, we are staying at a hotel near Fisherman's Wharf, so it is only a few short blocks down to the running trail along the Embarcadero out to the Golden Gate Bridge.  When you have that view for your run, what is not to love?

My hip continues to be a little sore, but I feel it less when I am running.  I remember feeling this way last year and wondering if I would ever feel normal again.  Now I know that I will with time.  Today's run out to the base of the bridge and back was about 8.5 miles.  I was running into the wind the whole way out, but as always I was just happy to be out there.  My speed was comparable to what it has been the last few outdoor runs, although my legs didn't feel heavy today.  I haven't started running back to back days yet but am considering doing so tomorrow since we will be leaving here in the afternoon.  The weather and views are just too perfect not to take advantage of!
Running to the Golden Gate Bridge

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you came for my birthday, it was fun. SFO is an amazing city and you are right running towards the Golden Gate Bridge is second to nothing. Every morning I kept saying this makes my traveling a little easier.

    ReplyDelete