Monday, June 25, 2018

Walks on crutches

When I fractured my hip last January, one of the things I gradually started doing was going on walks with my crutches around the neighborhood.  I remember building up the time and the distance I would walk.  It became part of my daily routine - a walk in the morning and usually another one in the afternoon.  There is only so much time that I can sit inside on the couch, and I believe that the fresh air and sunshine have to be beneficial for recovery.

So following last week's surgery, I knew that starting these walks again would be in my future.  I don't remember exactly when in my rehab I started going out last time, but I'm sure it wasn't this soon after surgery.  I walked this weekend, and I went on two walks today.  I'll talk on the phone or listen to a podcast while I'm walking to pass the time and distract me from how annoying it is to use crutches.  The weather is certainly very different now than the last time I was on crutches.  I'm just hoping for more comfortable days than extremely hot ones this summer. 
These guys weren't scared off by the sound of my crutches

1 comment:

  1. Cute bunnies! Piper would definitely have stopped to take a picture of them!

    ReplyDelete