Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Expo

I was awake at 4 AM this morning for my 6 AM flight to Orlando for this year's marathon weekend.  This is the fourth year I have attended and the second year that I am doing the Dopey Challenge (5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon).  My flight landed before 9:30.  I was at the Wilderness Lodge to drop off my luggage by 10 AM and was on the bus pulling into the ESPN Complex for the expo around 10:30 -- not too bad.  Last year I came in the afternoon and dealt with terrible crowds and lines to buy merchandise, so I was determined to avoid that this year.
Another year of the Marathon Weekend!
Outside the merchandise area
There was no real line to get my Dopey bibs and shirts and after those were secure I headed over to the official merchandise area.  Even though I was there before 11 (the expo opened at 10), I still had to wait in a line to get in!
Better than last year's line which was outside in the cold
Luckily, the line moved quickly and I waited less than 20 minutes to get into the merchandise.  I knew what I wanted to buy (the usual souvenirs -- wine glasses, pint glass, headband, magnet, shoe ornament) but I also enjoyed looking around at all the new apparel.
So very true -- I love Disney desserts!

I thought this would be perfect for Mike and my parents!
I also briefly looked around the area where all the different vendors were set up.  I needed a couple Gu's for Sunday so I was able to pick them up.  I was back on the bus before 12:30 so I spent less than 2 hours there which I'm happy with.

Now to rest up for the next four very early mornings and running 48.6 miles!
Ready for Dopey!

1 comment: