Tuesday, January 22, 2019

NYC Marathon Acceptance

I know I still have to post my recaps of the Half Marathon and Marathon at Disney, but I received my 2019 NYC Marathon acceptance today and thought it worth sharing. 

The registration period for NYC opened last Monday.  The last several years I have been unsuccessful getting in through the lottery.  So when I ran a time that qualified me for guaranteed entry at last May's Chicago Spring Half, I was even more overjoyed.  Applications for time qualifiers using non-NYRR events are supposed to be first come, first served, but I have never heard of someone being turned away who submitted a qualifying time.  I finally submitted my application last Thursday night, and this morning I got the email that I am in!

I'm going to wait to see how things go over the next several months before making the final decision whether to do it this year or not.  Boston in April is my main focus right now and then we have Berlin in September.  NYC is 6 weeks after Berlin -- it's a lot but barring injury I think it is doable.  Seeing NYC in that way and being part of the largest marathon in the world is sure to be an amazing experience.  Let's see what the year brings...
So happy to get this!

No comments:

Post a Comment