Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Running in Austin's heat

A view of downtown Austin from this morning's run
Mike had to fly to Austin for work this week, so I tagged along for a change in scenery.  We flew in yesterday, and he was up early this morning for his run along the river.  I decided to wait until after I drove him to work for my run, which probably wasn't the smartest move.  It was already in the mid-80's when I went out and it felt so hot!  I knew this would be a tough one. 

Austin has a great multi-use path along the river, and there were plenty of runners, bikers and walkers out even at 10:30.  Although the path offers several shaded portions, I was quickly soaked and I knew better than to push my pace today.  My body still isn't used to the heat since there haven't been many warm days in Chicago yet.

I did about 6.5 miles outside and then went into the hotel gym for another 3.  I'm not a huge fan of the treadmill but wanted to get a few more miles in.  Tomorrow I'm planning to get out earlier in the morning for my run rather than waiting until the sun really starts to warm things up.  Hopefully it will feel a little cooler!

No comments:

Post a Comment