Thursday, May 17, 2018

Core class at Rogue Running

Early morning along the river
Having learned my lesson yesterday, I was up and out of the hotel by 6:30 AM for my run this morning.  The temperature was in the low 70's and still felt warm, but the sun wasn't beating down yet so it was much more manageable than yesterday's run.  The river trail was busy with runners this morning.  I stopped once to snap the picture of downtown.  I love how the skyline is reflected in the water.
First visit to Rogue Running
My plan for the day was to check out a free core strengthening class offered at Rogue Running.  The class is offered twice a week on Monday evenings and Thursday afternoons.  Being a regular listener of the podcast put out by Rogue Running, I knew that this was a serious place for runners in Austin.  I arrived early and walked around the store which was well stocked with all the running supplies you could need.
Our workout
The instructor for the class was Coach Ashley.  She had run the Vancouver Marathon a week and a half prior.  She was super nice and I was really motivated to give the class my all.  There were two other women at the class today, one of whom had just recently run the London Marathon.  Ashley asked what kind of runner I was and I commented that I had just run Boston, so there was some talk comparing the weather conditions of this year's Boston and London.

Ashley led us through the EMOM (every minute on the minute) workout.  Minute 2 was my favorite as I could quickly get through the 10 push ups.  Minute 5's burpees got my heart rate up the most.  I guess I need to start adding them to my routine because they are no joke!  We did 4 continuous sets of the workout and I was definitely sweating by the end!  When I'm back in Austin, I would love to check out this class again.
After the workout with Coach Ashley

1 comment: