Sunday, May 27, 2018

Rock Creek Trail

Yesterday I decided to avoid the crowds and traffic lights around the National Mall and instead seek out the Rock Creek Trail.  It was just a short run west to Georgetown where I picked up the trail heading north.  After a few minutes running in direct sun on the trail, it luckily got more shaded.  There were different paths I could have explored.  I ended up running toward the Zoo.  Lots of runners and walkers were out enjoying the sunny and hot morning.  I saw several members of the DC Frontrunners out wearing different versions of their DC Pride 5K shirt.
Peaceful section of the trail
I was soaked in the heat and humidity, but I do always enjoy running in nature along water.
Crossing over the creek
One of the reasons we picked our hotel (aside from the fact that it's really nice!) is that it is connected to an Equinox Sports Club that we can use.  So this is where our runs have ended each day -- with a little more cardio.  I have never been to an Equinox, but I'm very impressed with it.  It's a great club that I would consider joining.
Equinox next to the Ritz Carlton

No comments:

Post a Comment