Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Equinox

With our move from Chicago to Dallas coming immediately after our trip to London and Disneyland Paris, I haven't had a chance to post here lately.  But that doesn't mean I haven't been running.  I thought our new gym in Dallas deserved its own post since we spend so much time there each day.

I am in love with Equinox.  It is less than half a mile from our home.  From the gym, it's less than half a mile to the Katy Trail which is where we have been running each day (I'm planning a separate post on the Katy Trail).  The gym doesn't come cheap, but it's loaded with amenities.  It has a heated, salt water lap pool.  I have been swimming more here than I ever did in Chicago.  After I go for my run, I will come back and swim laps for another hour.  It's such a great cross training method that builds my cardiovascular endurance without adding any more impact forces to my legs.  If I'm not swimming, I'll ride one of the bikes.  Although I have yet to try their classes, there is no shortage of offerings.  They always seem to be packed with people who look like they're getting quite the workout.  And of course the Kiehl's products in the locker room are a very nice touch.

As new members, we each get a functional mobility assessment with a personal trainer and then 3 training sessions.  I had my assessment last night and wasn't surprised that it revealed no real issues.  I am looking forward to working with the trainer to develop a strength training routine that will supplement my running and (hopefully) prevent future injuries.  We also get a complimentary Pilates session in their Pilates studio.  It has been almost 20 years since I last did Pilates so I am looking forward to getting that scheduled very soon.

Hopefully my time spent here will continue to push my training and fitness to higher levels and prepare me for a great year of races in 2019!
Equinox Highland Park Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment