Saturday, June 9, 2018

First long run

This morning was supposed to be our first long run of the marathon training season -- 10 miles.  This is not really that much longer than either of us run every day.  However, there were thunderstorms early this morning, and CARA ended up canceling their training runs.  We were unsure if there would be more rain later in the morning, but we ventured out from the gym together.  Neither of us are used to running with other people.  For my part, I need to learn to slow down on my long runs and not always push the pace.  Every run I do seems to be at the same faster pace +/- 10 seconds.  Although we didn't end up running together the whole time, it was a start.  I did enjoy the time we were together and the more relaxed pace of the run.  Next weekend we will try again with the hope of going longer.
The first of (hopefully) many runs together

No comments:

Post a Comment