Saturday, March 2, 2019

Long runs

This is the first training cycle in a while where I have been healthy and able to follow a training plan of progressively longer long runs each weekend in preparation for a marathon.  I love having a plan to follow as it takes all the guesswork out of how long I need to run each weekend.  The coach I am working with adjusted the plan for me in the initial weeks since I was coming off Dopey.  I have been doing my runs on Saturday mornings along the Katy Trail.  Luckily, the weather has been cooperative each week.  Certainly the weather for these runs has been much more enjoyable than if we were still in Chicago!  I am sure I will feel differently training here this summer for my fall marathons, but for now I am just enjoying some good running.

After last weekend's 18.5 mile long run, this weekend was a cutback week.  Although it was gloomy this morning, I got out for a 15 mile run at an easy pace.  It started to drizzle a little toward the end, but I got the miles in and that's what counts.

Hard to believe we will be in Boston in just 6 weeks!
Finishing up 15 miles along the Katy Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment