Tuesday, October 2, 2018

5 days and counting

With just 5 days to go until the Chicago Marathon, the anticipation and excitement (and nerves) are definitely building in our home.  Mike's mother and my parents are all traveling to Chicago this weekend to see us run.  I have been feeling good on my runs this week, which are shorter than usual as I taper and let my body rest up for Sunday.

I am looking forward to attending the Expo on Friday and Saturday.  My plan is for Mike and I to go pick up our bibs and shirts and any special merchandise we want on Friday.  Then we can go back on Saturday with our family to show them what a huge event a World Major Marathon expo is.  I love spending time there, seeing all the different merchandise, and getting information about different races all over the country.  runDisney usually has a booth there where I'll be able to check out the medals for their 2019 Marathon Weekend in January.

Yesterday, the marathon released a picture of this year's medal.  I like the design, which features Grant Park and some of the Chicago skyline in the background.  I am excited for Mike and me to earn these on Sunday -- I know we will be proudly wearing it all day!
A preview of this year's medal

No comments:

Post a Comment